Everything’s Beautiful is the new studio album by American jazz musician Miles Davis with American jazz pianist Robert Glasper Which is Expected to release via itunes by this friday may 27th 2016 Digitally. So who better to lead a new album-length tribute to Miles Davis in “Everything’s Beautiful,” a record in which Glasper attempts to honor the late master while keeping both feet grounded in the here and now?
Bilal lends a soulful vocal over a flickering snippet of Davis’ “The Ghetto Walk” on the album’s lead single “Ghetto Walkin’,” and Erykah Badu helps recast “Maiysha” from “Get Up With It” into a swooning slow jam with Davis’ pinched trumpet swirling through the shadows.
“I’m obviously influenced by Miles Davis — even just the psyche of how he thinks about music,” Mr. Glasper said. “How he moves through, and always wanted to reflect, the times that he’s in. That’s what I’m doing now. He opened that door.”
Release Date : May, 27th, 2016
1. Talking Shit [Explicit]
2. Ghetto Walkin’
3. They Can’t Hold Me Down (feat. Illa J)
4. Maiysha (So Long) [feat. Erykah Badu]
5. Violets (feat. Phonte)
6. Little Church (feat. Hiatus Kaiyote) [Remix]
7. Silence Is the Way (feat. Laura Mvula)
8. Song for Selim (feat. King)
9. Milestones (feat. Georgia Ann Muldrow) [Remix]
10. I’m Leaving You (feat. Ledisi & John Scofield)
11. Right On Brotha (feat. Stevie Wonder)